Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wine Club... Sangria style

I have 4 friends in my neighborhood who all have babies under 2,
so after attending a couple mommy groups with Collin, I decided to start a wine club.
Basically, it was a reason for me to get together with my friends who are moms without babies and drink wine.  Because who really needs a reason to drink wine? 
 (Especially after not drinking it for 9 months!)

So I hosted the first wine club this week.
In honor of Cinco de Mayo I decided to go with Sangria (yes I know this is Spanish and Cinco de Mayo is technically Mexican but oh well- it worked).
I served chips with salsa and guacamole with Brownies for our sweet tooth because one thing I have learned is you can not go wrong with Chocolate!

So here is the recipe I used for Sangria

-Cheap Jug Red Wine-  I used Livingston Burgundy.
Mix equal portions of wine and seven up or Sprite then add some cheap brandy (about 1/2 a cup).
Then add 3 oz of Grenadine
Teaspoon of cinnamon
Dump in fruit slices and maraschino cherries

Basically in the afternoon- I placed everything up the Seven Up and the Cinnamon in the pitcher and put it in the fridge.  I find this lets the fruit add some flavor.

Right before people arrived I added the 7-Up and Cinnamon in.

All and all I think it was a sucess as the pitcher of drinks was almost gone by the end of the night,
and the company was great to catch up on everything from our lastest frustration with work, being a mom, drama in our lives, etc.

Can't wait for the next wine night.


No comments:

Post a Comment