Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Paradise Springs Winery

A couple weekends ago Joe and I decided to venture out for the day and have a Date day with Collin, 
since we are staringd to try to get him in bed by 8 unless there is something planned, we often do our dates during the day unless we have a babysitter- aka my parents.  

Joe and I love wineries as many of you know, but I hate driving to them, especially now with a baby because it means he sleeps the whole way there and the whole way back and then is a little fussy the rest of the day and does not sleep as well at night.   Joe and I decided to either try two of the wineries that were close to us- either Paradise Springs Winery in Clifton or Winery at Bull Run in Centreville.  
We opted for Paradise Springs Winery because they had a nice outdoor picnic area that was very spread out in case we had baby melt down- which we did of course =0)

It took us 20 minutes to get there- straight off 29, turn left on Clifton road and follow the signs.  Very easy.  Joe and I decided to just get a bottle of wine and chance it instead of doing a tasting.  We are on more of a budget right now with me not working so it was silly to each pay 10$ for a tasting and then buy a bottle of wine for lunch.  Joe and I looked at the wines and decided to go with the Cabernet Franc because this is a wine we both like.  We bough out bottle of wine and headed out door to the pinic area.  They did have a huge outdoor patio but with Collin we did not want him fussing and causing disturbance to any of the other patrons.  

The pinic area was perfect and apparently a place you take babies- there were 4 others that we saw!
Baby at a winery!!! WAHOO!!!!







The wine itself was excellent- so good that I want to go back and actually do a tasting now.  
I love that the place is close and also that there are picnic areas which can make it a low cost date afternoon.  We packed our own picnic and purchased a bottle of wine which was $28 dollars.  
Awesome date day for $28.
I see this on our favorites.  


But the best thing was we had a blast with Collin!

No comments:

Post a Comment