Friday, May 24, 2013

Tea time with Granny


My mom and I are always looking for special things to do together, 
and while I was on Maternity Leave I figured this would be a good time to get together because when I go back to work I know my schedule is going to be a little crazy.  
I had a Groupon for the Pink Bicycle Tea Room in Occaquan that was going to expire in June so I asked my mom what date was good for her and we made reservations.
The Groupon was for the Queen's Tea which is the biggest option.  Normally 56$ for two- my groupon I paid $24 for.

The tea room is in cute little Occaquan- parking was hard as we went on a Friday afternoon.
I took Collin with us because he is really well behaved and she put us in small room so if he started fussy he would not bother anyone- he was great and did not fuss at all!



Collin Dressed in his tea room best!

Our tea came with a choice of soup or salad, a scone, and sandwhiches/desserts.
We each had our choice of tea- I went with a Pomogranite because it was Caffeeine Free and my mom went with Key Lime which was actually very good!

My mom and I had done tea at the Mayflower in DC 2 years ago which was definetly a fun but upscaled event.  This was much for laid back, and with a baby was much appreciated.
The Tea room is more antique is the best way to put it, with mismatched china, and old paintings. 
Very different from the Mayflower but what I would have expected from a cute place in the Occaquan.
We both had the soup which was excellent and the food was great.
While I totally had fun, I do not know if I would do the Queen's Tea again, I might try something a little small as it was alot of food and my mom and I could barely eat all of it and if I was paying full price I would say it is a little pricey but then again this is something my mom and I only do when we get Groupons or Specialicious deals- that is also how we went to the Mayflower.  

The pro of going during the week is the tea room was not busy which meant we were not rushed at all. We got there at 1pm and did not leave until around 3 pm. 
I would imagine it being more lively on a Weekend day. 

The massive amounts of food!

Granny and Collin- sleeping because that is what he does best.

All and all it was a fun outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment