Sunday, February 17, 2013

Preparing for bugs arrival....

  
With now than 3 weeks to go to hopefully Bugs arrival,
(He has been ordered to stay in until March 1st but is encouraged to vacate anytime after that ASAP!)
Joe and I have entered the trying to get the little things done phase of the pregnancy.  

Over the last couple of weeks as I have made dinners for us, I have made doubles of a couple thing sot freeze.  This way we will have some meals on reserve for the first couple of weeks as backup.
Our freezer is offically packed and I do not think I am planning on making anything additional.  
So what is in our freezer:
Extra steaks
Extra Shrimp
2 small chicken pot pies
Beef stew with gnocchi 
Manicotti 
Lasagna





I think this will help us out a great deal in the first two to three weeks.  

Also on my list was getting the car seat inspected.  
We had been set to do this on January 26th thru the Fairfax County Police Department.
They offer this service once a month, however because of the snow (or lack of snow) they decided to cancel last minute.  Their next one would not be till the end of February, I was worried this might be pushing it close so I started calling around to police departments.  For this most part this was not alot of help- most only offered appointments due the day which does not work for working people.  
However, the I called the Reston police department and explained our story and she actually offered to come out to our house to check both of the car seats as it was on her way home!
Score one for the Reston Police.

She showed up and was very knowledgable and helpful.  
For the most part- Joe installed everything correctly but she did give us some good tips on car safety for the baby as well as car seat safety.

For example:
- No toys in the car seat that might be smothering
-Police do not recommend heavy Bundle me Fleece covers- they just recommend a nice blanket to cover the baby if it is cold.  
I had read up on this previous but it would good for Joe to hear it.

She also showed us how to put the baby in, adjust the straps for newborn, infant, toddler, etc.   





All in all it took 20 minutes and was very informative and also super convenient for us.
Thanks to the Reston Police Station!

No comments:

Post a Comment