Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My "Crap- We are having a baby" moment

When did it really hit you that your life was about to change with this new little addition to the family?
I can tell you exactly when it hit me.  
January 13 at 1215am.

On January 12, my two best friends threw me the most amazing baby shower which I still am in awe about.  It is so amazing how much love this little boy has surrounding him and he is not even here!  Joe and I are so lucky for our friends and family, and to be honest the shower caught me a little of guard because in a way it was overwhelming.  More to come on my shower later...

We headed home with multiple cars packed full of stuff and decided to just place everything up in bug's room for the time being that way i could slowly start to go thru it over the next couple of weeks.  I walked into the room before I went to bed and was a little overwhelmed at the task that was in front of me.  Joe and I headed to bed with a full  house of house guest including my best friend Keely, and Joe's parents in our other guest room.  

Out of a dead sleep at 1215, I hit Joe.  Joe of course thought it was "go time," and I quickly explained it was not.  I just looked at him and said "Crap we are having a baby!"  He of course laughed at me and stated that he was happy that it finally hit me at 32 weeks.  I guess it was seeing all this baby stuff that made it a reality for me- we were going to have a baby!!!

What was your moment when you realized that your life was about to change?


No comments:

Post a Comment