Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MKL Weekend= Baby Weekend!

 MLK Day meant a four day weekend for my husband and a four day weekend for me!
He had Friday thru Monday off and I had Saturday thru Tuesday off.
WAHOO! 
Normally we would go out of town but I requested my shower to be the weekend before because I knew this would give us plenty of time to do the stuff we needed to get ready for Bug's arrival.
So this weekend while I was running around returning items which we got duplicates of and arranging stuff in bug's room, I gave Joe a to do list.  

On his list were the following
1) Install Car Seats- our inspection is next weekend
2) Install the baby Monitor
3) Install the Foscam
4) Install the Baby Gate on the main level
5) Help me install shelves in bug's room


So on Thursday night he installed the car seats which took all about 15 minutes.  
Hopefully he did it right and we will find out next weekend when we get them inspected.  
We ended up going with Graco Snugride 35 because one of our friends is letting us borrow their snap and go stroller for the first couple of months.  It is big but fix well in our cars.
I love that Clemson sniffs all the baby stuff out.  



Friday Joe had off which was great because I came home to the baby monitor being already installed and him working on installing the Foscam.  We opted to go with the AngelCare Monitor because Joe is concerned about SIDs.  We got the AngelCare Delux which came with two monitor systems.  One in now in our room and one on the main level.  He said it took him about 15 minutes to install and most of that was moving the mattress and putting something under the monitor pad.  


He also worked on setting up the Foscam which is a wireless video monitoring system.  
Our friends had used this and loved it and Joe loves the idea of being able to see bug when he is at work.  This was trickly and took a little time to set up.  However now with the uFoscam app which was $4.99 I can view Bug from work, shopping, etc on my phone and so can Joe.  


Friday night after I got home, we went to work on putting the shelves up in bug's room.  We had a couple things that we were given as gifts that I wanted to display.  I picked up the shelves at Target on sale for $18 and it took Joe about another 20 minutes to hang them.  


 Finally, on Sunday while I was out running some errands he installed the baby gate for the main level.
We registered for KidCo Angle Mount Safeway Gate because our neighbors had use this with good success in their house and it had great safety ratings.  
We received two as gifts but decided to just install one right now.
I know this is something we will not use for a while, however, I liked the idea of starting to use it with Clemson to help training him not to run down to the door whenever the doorbell rings.
This took Joe about 1 hour by himself, but he did an awesome job!



As we were sitting in front of the TV watching the news Monday night we both were exhausted and realized how much we did this weekend!  
Thank God for long weekends!!
Thank God for husbands who are handy... =0)



No comments:

Post a Comment