Friday, January 25, 2013

Our new addition



When you find out you are going to have a baby people tell you if there is anything you want or need you should get it before the baby arrives.  For us, I really could not think of anything that we needed or wanted.  We had done all of our house updates to this point, had our cars paid off, had been on all the trips we had planned for, etc.  

Then about two to three months ago- it hit me.
I HATED OUR COMPUTER SET UP!
Up to this point Joe had his large laptop which has functioned as our home computer.
This was becoming a problem as Joe is ALWAYS on his computer working either on school or work.   I would have to schedule when I could use it to pay bills, do family stuff, etc.
It was becoming an issue around our house.
Also I hated that we had different accounts with no streamlined way to manage photos, documents, etc.  I wanted one family computer which everything would be on and none of Joe's school stuff would be on.  

So after may long discussions and a couple nights at the Apple Store and Best Buy,
we decided to take a dive a get a Mac.

You may ask why a Mac-
I love Apple because if nothing else their customer service is amazing.
Every time I have had a problem with my ipad or iphone I get the problem addressed and they are always pleasant interactions.  I hated Joe's laptop which was an HP and swore we would never buy a HP again, and was not happy with my last Dell that I had a couple years ago.  Joe was very hesitant as he had no idea how to work a Mac, and I knew there would be a learning curve which was great to do before the baby arrived.
So we ordered it around Christmas time and it came last week.
We were waiting for the weekend to set it up as we knew we would want time to play with it, merge files, etc.

This weekend, we set up the computer which had a couple of frustrating moments of cussing at the computer- more so from Joe's view than mine.  I am loving the new set up and how I am allowed to keep everything organized that way I would like and keep all of Joe's school stuff on his laptop computer.  I know there will be a learning curve with how to do things on a Mac- but I am just practicing patience and giving myself more time to play with it.   Plus I love the wireless keyboard and magic pad instead of the mouse (also wireless).

It is great addition to our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment