Monday, January 21, 2013

31 week visit

Again I am late bug in writting this but ALOT had happened this month!
Now 33 weeks, it is starting to hit me that you are going to be coming soon, whether we are ready or not!  

My 31 week visit happened two weeks ago and to be honest it was non eventful.  
Which is a good thing.  
We passed our glucose test- WAHOO!  I do not know but this was one thing I was really worried about.  The place I am receiving my care makes everyone do the 2 hour test, but fortunately since I have no risk factors, the midwives let me do the one hour test.  My iron was also fine which is good because I have not been taking my iron pills because well I forget!  

Fetal Heart Rate was 150s.

Fundal Height was 30- 1 below normal but my midwife is not worried about it and neither am I because I was small and still am small and this means that you might be a little small.

Weight gain- 2 pounds!  I was so proud of myself for this because my 28 week visit was right before the holidays and I did not want to be one of those women who gained alot of weight between the holiday visits.  So I tried very hard to eat right and exercise like crazy.  
I am now speed walking/light jogging on the treadmill 4 times a week for 40 + minutes and find that it helps me be less sore and also less cranky =0)
Total weight gain at this point 9.5 lbs.  

Position-  Bug you are head down and have been for some time, thank you for behaving!    

Moving-  You move like clock work.  6 am,  2pm, and 7-9 pm, and occasionally at 3 am.  

Things I have noticed since last visit
-I am starting to feel pregnant and officially have a belly.  
-Pica- yes I have developed PICA and love the hospital ice!  
-No real food cravings other than fruits and veggies.  
-I am a sleeping champ- this has been my only pregnancy discomfort so far.  I can sleep anywhere with anything going on.  I love it!


I got a surprise from one of the doctors at my work.  One day I was on Labor and Delivery and it was not very busy so she told me to come down to the Prenatal Assessment where they do the high resolution ultrasounds and they would take some 3 D pictures of you.  I was expecting 1 or two pictures, but 30 minutes later I walked out with about 20 photos.  I got to see what you looked like and am amazed and can not wait to meet you- however your father has stated that you have to stay into 37 weeks.  





I totally love you and you are not even here yet.

Clemson has taken to hanging out in your room like he knows something is going to happen  and he like to lay his head on my belly every nigh before bed.  

We have our next visit on next Monday around 34 weeks and hopefully I will do a better job of blogging.  But lots of things to come including my amazing shower, my not so Zen pregnant Laura moment, and our new nesting addition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment