Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cribs... MTV style!

Ok well not really. 
The show CRIBS on MTV came to mind while we were listening to a sale rep tell us about the tenth crib my mother and I looked at.   Yes all the houses on CRIBS are cool but they are houses- my thoughts on cribs.
Yes there are so many different types of cribs and brands but they are all cribs and if they are safe and serve the purpose then what is the big deal. Right?

A couple weekends ago I went out crib shopping with my mom. 
My parents are helping us out with bug's crib which we are so thankful for, so I wanted my mom to be involved in the process. 
3 hours later my brain was fried!
We went to Buy Buy Baby, Babies R Us and Baby2Teen in Manassas. 
I was on crib overload. 
And who would have thought that there would have been 5 different shades of white.
White is white damit!

The only thing I really had set in my head was
1) We wanted a convertible crib that made into a toddler bed AND a full bed
2) We wanted a white crib
3) We did not want to break the bank!

So my review on the stores:

Buy Buy Baby
Springfield VA- 
Small selection in store. 
I think we counted about 15 cribs.
Very helpful staff
Honor 20% coupons on furniture.
$100 for delivery up to 5 pieces
$30 to assemble the crib
Spent 20 minutes in the store

Baby2Teen
Manassas VA- OVERWHELMING
If I had to do it all over again, I would not go here.
They have about 50+ cribs. 
Cribs randing from $1300 was the most expensive we saw to $250.  CRAZY!
The cribs here were by far the most expensive when you compared to the other two places and this place does not have a tendency to have many coupon offerrings. 
Very helpful however, really did not have anything that I liked. 
$140 for delivery and assembly
Spent 20-30 minutes

Babies R Us
Chantilly VA
Again small selection in store- 15-20 cribs
Had a Babies R Us crib magazine with all the cribs in it which included colors, sizes, etc- this was very helpful.  Difficulty finding a staff member to answer some questions but once I did very helpful. 
$75 delivery fee,  $30 crib assembly fee. 
Honors coupons on furniture and often has crib specials. 
Spent 20 minutes- most of that was waiting on the sales rep to ask questions

After spending 3 hours between three places I came one with three "favorites" as I would call them. 
We measured first to see how they would fit in the room- yes the cribs were different sizes and also the dressers varied significantly.  The actually brought the "favorites" down to two as one of the dressers was too tall for me to use as a changing table- yeap I am short! 

So then what does my husband do- he figures out the area to price ratio of the cribs and the dressers. 
Seriously, I wish I could have recorded this for bug to see one day. 
Totally made me laugh. 
Then pulled out the saftey rates on both- both good. 
After about 15 minutes of discussing- we had picked our crib. 


 Baby Cache Heritage White Convertible Crib from Babies R Us
 What it looks like in an actual room.



We went into order both the crib and the dresser and the crib is on back order until Mid to Late November which means they won't even let you order it.
So we decided to also wait on the dresser as well.
Hopefully by the end of this month they will be ordered .














No comments:

Post a Comment