Monday, October 1, 2012

Ways to Organize Your Paint!

Over the weekend while Joe was doing his 5 millions paint projects (more to come later) I decided to organize the garage a little and use this opportunity to get rid of some of the paint that we have lying around. 
Basically, we had paint saved going back from Joe's old appartment and when we moved into the house.  The paint cans were almost empty and I was just holding on to them in case I ever needed touch ups or more so that I would know the color.  However, with 10+ paint cans (almost empty) in the garage, I decided it was time to organize. 

Joe and I stopped by Home Depot on Friday night to pick up some stuff he needed for the weekend and I picked up a half a dozen paint sticks. 
Then I came home and with a sharpee put the brand and name of the paint color and code on the top of the stick. 


I then dipped the stick into the paint and let it dry. 


 I was able to get rid of 6 old paint cans that were almost empty.  I kept a couple cans as they were 1/2 full and could see using them again.   Now instead of paint cans taking up alot of room in our garage I have the paint sticks that take up a fraction of the space. 

The whole thing took me about 30 minutes or less to do, which mostly involved letting the paint dry. 
Totally happy I did this =0)

I have seen people make a spread sheet of the paint colors they have but I also like having the actual paint stick that way if they every discontinue the color you can take the stick in with you and they can try to match it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment