Friday, September 28, 2012

Calhoun or Clementine?

As soon as you tell people you are pregnant besides the normal "Congrats" the next logical question is :
"Do you think it is a boy or a girl?"
Or in our case a Calhoun (founder of Clemson) or Clementine (Clemson in a feminine way)? 
I promise you these will not be there names!
Clemson will have nothing to do with their names.
Though I can not make any promises about dressing them in Clemson clothing!

Yes, Joe and I are counting down the days till we find out and are amused by people predictions and theories.  As a midwife I know all the rumors and have seen them all disproved. 

So what do we think we are having? 

Theories siding with Clementine:
1) Really Bad Morning Sickness- in fact all day sickness. 
Still going strong at 17 weeks.  =0)
2) Girls suck your beauty from you-  Pimples gallor. 
     Keep in mind that I maybe have 4-6 pimples a year when not pregnant. 
3) Chinese Gender Calendar- Yes GIRL GIRL GIRL
4) Based on the fetal Heart Rate-  Elevated at 12 week nuchal at 175,  now at 15 wks 160
High heart rate = girl. 
Even both of my midwife friends predicted it was going to be a girl!
5) Craving sweets!  Yes yes I am!
     Hating anything protein related- loving protein would indicate a boy!
6) Pendant myth- yeap it swung back and forth!
7) Everyone is having girls and everyone thinks it is a girl!
8) Joe thinks it is a girl. 
In fact he keeps referring to as a "She" and me a "he". 

Theories siding with Calhoun:
1)Nada.... =0) 
I really have nothing except for the fact that I have never been more calm in my whole life! 

Which means it is going to be a boy! 
I do not know why, but I think despite everything above that we will be having a little Calhoun. 
The preppiest Calhoun ever I would like to state! 

I guess only time will tell but I would be willing to put money on it!

Less than 2-3 weeks until we find out thanks to people at work volunteering to scan me early, if not I would have to wait until 21+ weeks because that was the only time I could get an Ultrasound appointment on a Monday.  =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment