Thursday, September 27, 2012

First thing is first!

There is no guide book to being pregnant or expecting a baby. 
In fact I think the books are all overwhelming and there is no book that has everything. 
Thank GOD for friends. 

I would have never thought that looking for day care would have to start in the 1st trimester-
but it does!

I am not going to lie- I spent 1 total day devoted to daycare. 
Again one of the benefits of being the last kid on the block. 

Fortunately, I have three daycare recommendations which made my job super easy. 

One was the day care at work.  
Yes I have daycare at work which would be the best scenario for us but the catch is because I am civilian I am the lowest priority.  Yeap sucks to be me!

Day at work rocks because:
1) ALOT CHEAPER!!! OMG! 
2) Hours are from 6 am to 8 pm which is great with my schedule
3) Ability to visit bug whenever I have a second in between patients or during my admin time.
4) Ability to not have to worry about being late to pick bug up because of traffic. 

That being said it was the second thing I did was not put my name on the waiting list after we saw the heartbeat.  Our hope is that one day bug will get in but for now I had to look into other options. 

So I moved on to looking into the other two daycare options that were recommended to us from friends.  One was literally less than 1 mile from our house and the second one was less than 1 mile from Joe's work. 

I went for the tours last Monday by myself because Joe had a meeting. 
What questions do you ask? 

Hours? 
Pick up late policy?
Security policy?
Inclument Weather policy?
Program structure?
Ratio of care providers to infants?
Schedule of the day?
Vaccinations Policy both for infants and caregivers?
Sick policy?
Reuseable diaper policy?
Prices? 
Discount offerred?
Flexible Days? 
Add an additional Day? 
Application fee?
Mandated by the State?
References?
There are so many questions.

So after about 30 minutes at each place, I had pretty much all the information I needed. 
Furthermore, both places praised me for being on the ball and looking so early. 

For the most part I was reassured that bug would be fine at either place. 
However, it was very interesting to see how different the two places were. 
One offer much more structure, while the other one was more relaxed. 

Obviously, as soon as I work out with work my leave,
I will putting my application in and the deposit in as well. 
One more thing I will be glad to be done with!



No comments:

Post a Comment