Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Seriously now what?

How do you figure out what to register for?
I will tell you one thing- do not go by what the mock registries at the stores give you.
This is way to much stuff! 
I am not even a mom yet and I know that.

I refused to get sucked in so I borrowed Baby Bargains from a friend,
which to be honest was a life saver.
It helps you organize what you need verses what they try to get you to buy. 
This is a book I always recommend to my patients. 
I had read it almost 3 years ago, but found that a lot has changed in 3 years. 
Most of the things I already knew but still a lot of changes with safety regulations. 
I do always recommend trying to borrow the latest edition for just this reason. 

So as mentioned there are many many things that we do NOT have to register for:

Bath tub
Swing
We were given Fisher Price My Little Lamb Swing.



Bouncer
We were given Fisher Price My Little Lamb bouncer

Boppy
My friend had a extra that she is giving to me!
I will just need to get a cover to place on it!

Trash Can
Simple Human Gray Trash Can with Locking system.
We had purchased this at Bed Bath and Beyond with a 20% coupon after visiting friend who had a dog and loved it because it locked.   
I wanted something that locked so Clemson would not be tempted to go in where dirty diapers were going to be placed. 
The Simple Human received great reviews. 
Again Gray =0)
Clothes Hamper
Oxo Flip in Hamper in Gray. 
This was a find at HomeGoods for like $25 bucks so I picked one up as I saw nothing else I really liked.   Plus was that it was Gray... Yes there is a theme here. 



High Chair
 Joe's parents kept his high chair which Joe has finished and stained to match our dinning room.
So excited about this! 

Books
Again, Joe parents kept all of his childhood books which is great. 
I still think we will register for a couple. 
It will be nice to have a small library. 


So you may ask...
What does that leave you left to register for...
According to me, not that much!
Which I am very greatful for.

A couple things I or Joe are excited about.

The Stroller
OMG! If I only knew Joe cared so much. 
I am told that men focus on things and his is the stroller. 
We walked in to Buy Buy baby and after playing with the strollers for about 20 minutes we learned a couple things.
1) I am short! 
Yes I know this is something I already should have known but it is true.
I was amazed how many strollers did not have a handle bar that adjusted height!
I thought I was going to love the UPPABaby because my patients raved about the ability for it to grow with the child.  WRONG.  It is way to high for me!
2) Too many buttons
I am amazed at how complex some of these strollers are.  Push this button, pull here, etc
3) Weight
This was not really something I thought alot about until one of my petite friend pointed it out.
So if I could not easily lift it, it was off the list.
OMG the BOB strolled weighs more than I do!

So after 20 minutes my husband was fixated on the Baby Jogger City Mini GT. 
Primarily because we had three women, all petite in size walk by stating that they loved this stroller and they also ran with it.  Yes we want something that could work as a running stroller since we both are athletic. 

Things I liked about the City Mini GT
1) Adjustable handle bar
2) You literally pick up a strap inside the stroller to make it to collapse. 
By far the easiest of any stroller we have seen.
3) You can run with it
4) The sunshade gives full coverage so there is no need to buy an extra sun shade
5) Large basket for holding. 
Now I really wanted to Gray and Yellow one.
This is a point of debate between my husband and I as he was the first to point out that the orange would match Clemson's collar.  Seriously, what has happened to my husband.

You might be asking- Well this stroller is great for a infant/toddler but when do you do with a newborn. 
Fortantely, I have had two people offer to let me borrow their Graco Snap and Go's Strollers, so this is what we will using while bug is still a baby.

Which bring me to our next thing
The Car Seat!
This was determined for us by the kindness of our friends letting us borrow their Graco Snap and Go.
Obviously we will be getting a Graco. 

Still figuring out which one. 
But I am leaning toward something like this just because I do not like a lot of color.

Baby Carrier
Again a recommendation from a friend and a free infant insert means we will be going with the ERGOBABY.
I loved the designs and also the look. 
 
Baby Einstein Baby Neptune Active Gym
Joe and I both were swimmers and love everything water, so I totally like this activity gym.

This is still a work in progress but the big things have been figured out.
Was there anything that you loved that you thought you did not need at first?

No comments:

Post a Comment