Friday, October 26, 2012

Keeping Baby OH organized

I am a folder person.  
Anyone who knows me know that I have a folder for everything.
I get made fun of at work because I have a separate folder for time cards, leave slips, the schedule, etc.  But I am always organized and rarely lose anything. 

So I sat down two weekends ago and put all of bugs stuff in a binder.  
This way everything is in one location.  
It is amazing how many pieces of paper one bug can accumulate.

I chose a binder and set it up as follows:

When you open it in the front pocket is our 2nd trimester list. 
This is a list of things we need to do during the second trimester.  
This is for easy reference for both Joe and I.   
And of course things are color coded by whether I am in charge of taking care of them, Joe is in charge or we need to do something together.  

On the other side is my long long list of everything that must be done before bug arrives.  This includes 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trimester stuff.  I saved this in a word document on Gmail Docs for easy editing.  



I made a couple different sections:
1)Practice/Delivery
This has everything that relates to where I am going for my care. 
It includes the handout from the practice as well from the hospital and any of the paperwork I will need.  
I also put information regarding classes in this folder.

2)Furniture
We are ordering our crib and our dresser.  But I had all the handouts on the couple cribs we were considering in the section.

3) Registry information. 
This is where I have a sleeve for coupons, any information that I need for our registry and note from Baby Bargins.  

4)Work Stuff
This is where my FMLA paperwork is as well as any information I recieved from my place of employment

5) Daycare/Pediatrician/Baptism
Information on both- fortunately now that we have one picked out this is a thin section but when I was looking it was pretty thick. 

I feel much better knowing that everything is in one place making it either for Joe or myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment