Tuesday, September 18, 2012

LG = Good Customer Service.

Almost 1 year ago, I blogged about our new LG Fridge.
I truely have really loved having it!
I no longer have fridge envy =0)

However, when the french doors starting acting up 3 weeks ago I was pissed.  Basically, it would not automatically go into the grove we had to do it with ourselves- most likely just a spring on the door was broken- but it was a pain. 



We purchased it last October so it was not even a year old.  I looked thru my LG instruction/warranty guide and found that it was thankfully under warranty.  So I called LG- PAIN IN THE BUTT!  Do not get me wrong they were very helpful and stated that someone who come out to fix it because it was still under warranty- the catch was they only released their schedule two weeks in advance with no evening times.  Of course the Mondays I had off were not opened.  So I had to call back a second time when the schedule go release for the next two weeks- still no luck.  

At this point I was a little frustrated because I knew it was getting close 1 year and I did not want to have to pay for this repair.  So I asked if there was anyway they could work with me.  Basically, I explained that I have a set schedule with almost every Monday off..... NO HELP!!!!

I was so frustrated that I even said to the customer service representative, 
"So basically you are catering to stay at home moms and dads and people who do not work!" 
There was silence for a second and then they agreed with me.  SERIOUSLY!

So I ended up calling back a third time- they must have finally got the message that I was not going away.  The rep explained that the schedule was not open, etc.  I explained this was the third time I was calling and I wanted to get this issue fixed.  After being on the phone for 30 minutes, I had an appointment time on a Monday, which I was previously told was not an option.  THANK YOU!!!!

I hate waiting for people to come work on your house or to fix things. 
Why? 
Because they always give you a window and then they are late and do not even meet that window. 
I was mentally prepared for it. 
My appointment was at 1 pm. 
I got up early, ran errands, had lunch with a friend and was home at 1230 to work on all the things that I could do in the house. 
My heart almost stopped when I heard the door bell ring at 1245. 
OMG they were early. 
I showed the guy in, he had the part to fix it and he was out the door by 1300.
 Fixed =0)

While LG phone customer service was a pain, the repair part was awesome.
But hopefully we will not be needing them again any time soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment