Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Running during pregnancy!

If I can not run, I go crazy.
It is my mental and physical relief in life. 
So imagine not running for almost 2 months.  

Yeap once the morning sickness hit, I decided quickly after a one time event of me having to hop of the treadmill and hurry to the bathroom that running would have to be placed on hold.  
This was hard, particularily because this is the time of year I pick up my distances because the weather is changing.  So I took up walking for the last two months.  2 miles in the morning, when I could with Clemson and then 2-3 miles in the evening with Clemson.  Now it was not the same as running but at least it was exercise.

Now that the first trimester is gone, and I am feeling amazing, it is time for me to get back on the treadmill.  Over the last two weeks, thanks to the support of my hubby, I have slowly done the couch to 5 K program- expedited version.  It was hard because my body is different and while I am not showing yet I can feel things stretching and cramping which is just a different sensation.   You start cramping and you are like- "That does not feel right, I should stop running."  I feel like I need to listen to my body more and let it tell me what and what not to do- so far it has worked.  
After two weeks of 5Ks, I decided to step it up to 4-5 miles at least 4 times a week. Yesterday I did 5 miles which was great!

I have found I do get dehydrated even more so now, so the Nuun tabs, even thought I am running small distances right now in comparison to what I had been doing, have been great.  

My hope it to eventually get up to 7 miles in the second trimester 
but only time and my body will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment