Monday, July 23, 2012

Going Green!

So I have been looking for something to help store items that I have accumulated over the years.  
I had been keeping these is shoe boxes, but now that we are doing a good summer cleaning thru the house, I knew I needed to come up with a better system.
I had 3 or 4 shoes box full of stuff from our wedding and honeymoon- cards, programs, pictures, etc.
Then I had a couple other shoe boxes filled with cards/picture from special occasional- our friends birth announcements, wedding invitations, Christmas cards, birthday cards, anniversary cards, etc.  

So when I walked in to HomeGoods the other day I say these green storage containers that I loved. 
I purchase two smaller ones and 1 larger one.  

Then I went to work on going thru the boxes and purging.  
I ended up getting rid of 1 trash bag of stuff.  
Then I was able to use two smaller boxes.
1) Wedding Stuff
2) Cards/Pictures

 I loved that all of the boxes have a little space to label what is in it.  

I still have one large box which I am planning on hanging on to right now because I am sure I can come up with something. 


No comments:

Post a Comment