Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Color of Summer!

Joe has been doing alot of projects for me lately which I love.
Now that we have a new rocking chair in our bedroom,
the old green wicker chair needed to find a new home.  
I had the perfect space, the additional guestroom we are working on in the basement. 
We already have a guestroom upstairs but decided to make the little room downstairs into another one. 
The color scheme will be gray and yellow!  
The walls are already gray so I thought it would be fun to add a pop of yellow coloring with the chair.

Of course, Joe was very hestistant because we tend to not have that many bright things in our house.  
So I went to Home Depot and picked up Rust-Oleum 2X Painter's Touch 12 oz. Satin Sun Yellow.

I decided to test it out on a little pot that I was also planning on putting in the room.  

 I put it in the room and had Joe think about it.  

We decided we liked it if we kept most of the room with themes of gray with maybe some yellow pillows on the bed.  So Saturday I went off for a girl date with my friend and her two year old and came home to a finished chair!



 Just for the record, I am becoming a spray paint lover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment