Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Soda Stream Update

You might recall a while ago I posted about a SodaStream we received for a Christmas present.  
Basically, Joe and I are using it for making seltzer water.  
We love seltzer water!!!
We were going thru so much of it that it was starting to add up.  
We love that we do not have to buy and lug home seltzer water.

This weekend our SodaStream CO2 container ran out.  
After making almost 8 1 liter bottles a week-  8 x4= 32 bottles a month
32 bottles a month x 3.5= 112 bottles!  
This is a rough estimate because some weeks we would make 6 while this week we made 12.  

112 bottles divided by 12 
(that is how many come in a pack when we use to buy them at Wegmans)
 =  9.3

9.3 x $7 (the cost of a 12 pack)=  
$65.33 (excluding sales tax)

So I headed with my CO2 container to Bed Bath and Beyond because they are actually a designated container exchange site.  I went into the store handed them my old container and a 20% coupon and the rang up a new container at $15 dollars minus the 20% = 12$ for the next 3-4 months.  

If you do not exchange the container then the cost of a new one is $35 dollars. 
So it worth exchanging. 




12 dollars compared to 65 is a big enough savings to make me a fan.
But the best is not having to lug home the big bottles.

Happy Water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment