Monday, April 16, 2012

New Shoes =0)

So this weekend I broke down and did it....
I went to the Potomac River Running Store in Reston.

I walked in, they greeted me and asked me if they could help me.
"Yes, actually I have been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis,
 and I think I need a different type of shoe."

They then showed me to the treadmill and had me run for about a couple minutes.
The lady determined that I am pretty mild when it comes to running.  Meaning I am not flat nor do I have really high arches.  
She determined this by looking at my calves when I run and also my feet placement.  
She stated that the shoes I have been running with probably are designed for more of a high arch person and that might be why I am just starting now to have problems.

So she brought 4 pairs of shoes out that she recommended- All under $100
Which was important because some running shoes can go up to $200 and I am just not willing to make that commitment.  I tried each pair on and then ran on the treadmill with them.  Then the pair that I liked they actually let me run outside in.
 
Sold!

Here they are


Totally love the crazy colors.  
I do not know why but true running shoes always have crazy colors.  

I ran 6 miles today on them and like how they felt.  
I have decided I am only using these for running.  
No walking outside, no gardening- nothing but running.  

Happy Running Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment