Monday, December 19, 2011

Running thru life... A Man's Project

Each December Joe and I sit down to plan out our house project for the year 
(future post on this).  
I do this for a number or reasons, the most important is to let Joe know what I planning.  
With him in school now I have found it it really important to let him know what I need help with.  

So while making our list, I decided I wanted to place some floorboards in the attic so we could add more storage to our house.  Joe's parents lately have been giving us more of Joe childhood stuff, some of which we actually want to keep, and also with Christmas around the corner I was looking for a place to store Christmas stuff since we only use it once a year.  

So Joe and I climbed up in to our attic last weekend to have a look.  



It was basically insulation everywhere!
Joe and I set off to the hardware stores yesterday.
Just for the record- I HATE GOING TO HOMEDEPOT WITH MY HUSBAND.
HE REFUSES TO ASK QUESTIONS THAT NEED TO BE ASKED!!!
Why is it that men can not ask questions?  

Anyways after about 30 minutes at HomeDepot we headed home with out items.

He basically had to raise the floor 8 inches in order to cover the recess lighting and insulation.  
Then apply plywood to the new foundation.  





It took him all day to complete (from 11am till 4pm), but now we have tons of storage area which I will be filling up quickly with items.  He added 6 foot by 6 foot storage area.  We can add more if need be but for right now this is plenty!
I stayed out of his way by organizing what I wanted to go up in the attic versus the crawl space. 
Crawl space I decided is for things we may use more often like out suitcases, and attic for for these we rarely use or use once a year like Christmas stuff. 


So far we placed the following up in the attic
1) Joe's Baby Highchair
2) Joe's Wagon
3) Tupperware of  my Baby Blankets
4) Joe's Golf Clubs
5) My childhood table and chairs
6) An extra rug

After Christmas , we will be adding our 2 Christmas Trees,  Christmas Wreath, ornaments, lights, and wrapping paper bin.  

Yeah for more storage!!!
Mad Brownie points for hubby!

No comments:

Post a Comment