Thursday, November 3, 2011

Running thru Life....A Snowy Day

So as most of you know it snowed Saturday-
It was more like a rainy winter mix. 
I have been putting stuff of to do this weekend-
primarily a lot of Christmas shopping and errand running.

No snow/rain was going to stop me!

I woke up with a terrible neck cramp that radiated down my back-
I decided to go run my errands and come home and run later. 
I was hoping my body would recover as the day goes on. 

So I headed out in the slushy mix to do some shopping. 
I had to go over to Dulles because their stores had stuff that I needed that the Fairfax Shops did not have.
I stopped at Bed Bath and Beyond with much sucess picking up a Christmas Gift, a pineapple cutter, and some pillows (of course with my coupons in hand).


Followed by a stop at Lowe's for another Christmas present
Followed by a stop at Target to pick up some doggie presents for Clemson's new cousin. 
Followed by the Dulles Mall to look at these boots I have been covetting. 
(They did not have my size). 
=0(

Completed- door to door in less than 3 hours. 
It is amazing how empty stores are when it is snowing!

I headed home to show all my purchases to my hubby. 
I was so proud!!!


Then I jumped on the treadmill to watch the latest episode of Greys Anatomy. 
Shower then a nap with Clemson Puppy.

I then started talking to my husband how I loved these boots I tried on but they did not have my size,
 they had the side bigger which was too big.  
He stated that I needed to go buy them now because knowing me I would wait too long and then would be gone and then he would have to list to me complain that I should of found my size and purchased them.
This happens to me alot!

Again this was not a purchase I rushed into- I did my homework, picked from one of my "staple brands" (Michael Khors,  Kenneth Cole,  Marc Fischer, Franco Sarto) so I know they would be comfortable and also fit my feet, waited for them to go on mega sale.   I have been wanting a pair of nice tall dress boots for over two years but I have had a hard time finding a pair that fits my calves.  I wanted them to have a heel but not a 4 inch heel like my normal style is!
Do not get me wrong- I love my calves but they make boot buying a little harder.  

So my hubby and I drove up to FairOaks (a different mall then earlier) and headed into Macys.
Yeap my hubby went with me because he also needed a new pair of shoes for work. 
I was in luck- they had my size.  
I tried them on and to my suprise my husband looked at me and smile- "you have to get them!"
Yes yes I do!!
Even more luck- the sales person let me take home the "Boot Molds" that they use to put boots on display to help my boots keep there shape. 
I was so happy! 
We proceeded to the counter with gift cards and coupons in hand and
now they below to me and my closet!. 
Marc Fisher Kevin Tall Boots







Followed by a puppy play date and some Clemson football. 
Unfortunately, Clemson football did not go so well...
but what a great way to spend a snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment