Thursday, October 27, 2011

Running thru life.... Reading on the Run

The other day I saw a woman running holding an kindle and reading. 
My husband immediately looked at me and I started laughing.

How on earth could she do this and look at the road?
This was mind boggling to me!
I can read on the treadmill but that is a little different than running outside!
So this got me to thinking about using my ipad more for reading. 
I hate paying for books but I HATE going to the Fairfax Library primarily because it is downtown Fairfax which always involved traffic and the parking garage and then them not have the books I am interested in.
 
So I started to look on the Fairfax County Library website and was delighted to find E-Books!!!
I signed up and downloaded my first book "Battle Hymn of Tiger Mom." 

I read it while I was in St Augustine which was awesome because
I did not have to travel with book just my ipad. 
Right now I am reading "The Boy Who Came Back From Heaven."

The process is kind of an interesting one- they only have so many electronic copies of book so you only get it for 1 month and sometimes you have to be on a waiting list for it to become available. 
When it becomes available you get an email directing you to the site. 
So far I am definitely a fan-
while I do miss holding a book I do not miss paying for books or driving to the painful library!

Happy Running/Reading

No comments:

Post a Comment