Friday, October 28, 2011

Running thru life.... Origins

I am always on the lookout for good pregnancy books.
I was talking with my patient the other day about how much we both hated "What to expect when you are expecting," and she was telling me about some books she was currently reading. 

One was entitled 
"Origins: How Nine Months Before Birth Shape the Rest of Our Lives"


So going home that night I read the reviews on-line and added to my list of books to pick up. 
I starting reading it on a Monday and finished the following Monday. 
I love it!

It talks about every aspect women face while they are pregnant- diet, environment, stressors. 
It is extremely well written, easy read and had a great deal of knowledge base studies to support their theories.  After reading this book, it just put more importance on how your nine months of pregnancy and how you take care of yourself- phyiscally, mentally, etc really do have an impact on you and your child. 

Totally love this book....

Next Book: 
Work Related:  Get Me Out: A History of Childbirth from the Garden of Eden to the Sperm Bank
Fun:  The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven



No comments:

Post a Comment