Saturday, October 29, 2011

Running thru life.... I almost lost my brain

Thursday night my brain stopped functioning...
I dropped my ipad- in its protective case that I purchased and it happen- the only place not protected- the volume button got a huge dent in it. 
OMG! 
I was in tears!
I could not change the volume at all and worse the volume icon was stuck on the screen. 
Talk about panic attack. 

Joe always gives me a hard time because the ipad has really become my brain- it has my life, my work, everything on it from calendars, to phone list, to work schedules.    I find it hard to function without it like I had to do Friday Morning. 

I immediately turned to the internet and had Joe (my awesome husband) call the Apple store in FairOaks mall.  He schedule an appointment for Friday at 2 pm because he was only working a half day. 

Thursday night I laid awake in bed contemplating what I was going to do-
1) Pay a butt load for them to fix 
2) Get a new one. 
3) Live with the constant think on the screen and no working volume button

I slept terrible and woke up with a terrible headache Friday morning. 
I headed to work and tried to remain optimistic.
I even called my insurance company from work to find out if it was covered under our homeowners insurance.  Nope-  I can add a policy- which I now might do!

So at 2:15 my hubby called and told me he had some bad new and some good news. 
Bad news it is $300 to repair.... OMG!!!!!!
I am thinking in my head- well there goes the new rug, my new work shoes, dinner out, and the Christmas Presents I was going to buy this weekend!

Good news:  They are waving the fee and he is walking out of the store with a new Ipad. 

It is an Ipad Miracle. 
All these years I have been skeptical of Apple...
But you proved me wrong!


Thank you Apple for giving me back my brain! 

No comments:

Post a Comment