Saturday, October 1, 2011

Running thru life.... Dealing with Decals- A rainy Day Project!

You may recall earlier I blogged about doing a decal in our bathroom.  
After a month to think about it my hubby and I decided against a quote.  
Primarily because ever quote we came up with, he found something about it to ruin putting it in a bathroom.
Men have very sick minds!

So we turned to other options and we kept coming back to Cherry Blossoms.
We thought this would be a good contrast to the red walls.  
So I started to do my internet search.  
We were looking for one that at least was 40-45 inches long so it would hit where we wanted on the wall.    After a couple days of searching I started just looking on Etsy.com because they had the most custom made ones for the money I wanted to spend.  
We finally decided on one and put our order in.

 So last week I came home to find our decal in our mail box.  
I unwrapped it and was immediately in overwhelmed mode.  
It was made of lots of little pieces that had to be placed together.
So I decided this project would be done in steps.
Today being that it was cold and pouring rain, I decided to get this project done!

Step 1: Lay Everything Out
I decided to lay all the pieces out on the table to get an idea of how this needed to be placed on the wall.

Step 2:  Tape on wall as you would like it.
This let us play with the height a little.
Step 3:  Place branches on.  
This was easy enough.
You peeled off the back.
Placed the decal where you wanted it.
Smoothed it to make sure there were no air bubbles ( I ended up using my hand because it was easier then using a ruler like they suggested in the instructions)
Then peeled off the front and the decal stuck.
 








Step 4:  Places flowers on.
 This is where is was good to have two people.  Joe peeled the backs and then I placed them and peeled the fronts off.


Step 5:  Place small specs on
This part took the longest because it was a lot of little dots.  
But I am happy with the results.
We had extra left over flowers and dots so we added where we thought it need it.




With the help of Joe it took us less than 30 minutes to do.  

I am very happy with the results.  


















1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome! I love the thought of you saying a bunch of potential quotes for a decal and then Joe adding something along the lines of "in bed" to the end of each one. Ha. Men.

    ReplyDelete