Friday, September 30, 2011

Running thru life..... My favorite Baby Shower Gift

Today I recieved notice of another babyshower!
So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for a blog!!!

I am a midwife...
which means that I must love baby showers...
Right?  
My favorite part of a baby shower is picking out the gift 
and seeing the mother to be open it.
I heart shopping!!!!
Since I have been alive I have now been to over 8 baby showers and invited to a couple more that were out of state.  I now have a "Fav Gift" as my hubby calls it.

The Bouncer
After my friend and cousin became pregnant and I purchased one of these for each of them.
They loved it and stated it was one of the best gifts they recieved because they used it so much!
They used it a lot when they were on a different level than the crib was for their baby to sleep in, took it on trips because most of them collapse and are easy to pack, etc.  
I love buying gifts that are actually used and appreciated. 
So that being said it has become my staple baby shower gift.

There are many different kinds and I have found that for almost every shower I have gone to, the couple has registered for one.    
If they have not registered for it.... I come up with something that I think is important and meaningful to the couple.  I remember my wedding shower and when I use the items i recieved I think about all the love and thoughtfulness that went into them. 

 
Happy Baby Showering.  



1 comment:

  1. Love this gift from you Laura! Sammy can't wait to take lots and lots of naps in it. Sorry, I wish I'd known you wanted me to open it in front of you!! xoxo Mimi

    ReplyDelete