Friday, September 23, 2011

Running thru life... Getting ready to be Sprayed

In my blog following I fell upon a blog about using Spray Paint to help add to your decor-
so I decided to give it a whirl. 
I found a beautiful wood basket at work that someone was throwing away. 
Being Laura I snatched it out of the trash and brought it home with me. 
It was just a basic wood finish that went with nothing in our house. 
I decided I would like to use it in the kitchen and white would be the best color. 

I headed to the Home Depot to get the Rust-Oleum Paint Touch White in a Semi Gloss. 
I really wanted to the Paint and Primer in One made by the same brand but Home Depot did not carry it, neither did Walmart or Target- so this would have to do.  
If I was doing a bigger projust I would definitely spurge from the primer and paint in one.....
It cost around $3 dollars at Home Depot.



I set up newspaper on the deck and went to work. 
I was amazed that it did take me a whole can to spray the basket.
It took me less than 10 minutes at apply and then I applied a second coat to give it a really white look.  
So total it took about 3 hours- this includes 2 1/2 hours for dry time.  Very easy project. 
But I am very Happy with the results. 


It will look great on our new stainless fridge that we will be purchasing come tax free weekend.

Things I learned from spraying: 
1) If you can buy the paint with the primer- Do it!. 
HomeDepot only had this option in metalic paint and that would just not work for what I wanted. 
It probably would have saved me from putting a second coat on. 
2) Do this some place that you will not mess anything up. 
I set out newspapers everywhere on our patio- clean up was easy.
3) This is a very easy and cheap way to add some decor into you home.
Considering I got the basket for free and paid three dollars for the paint!
I already have a couple of things I am going to try out eventually. 

What project have you done with Spray Paint? 

No comments:

Post a Comment