Sunday, August 28, 2011

Running thru life... A Weekend Projext

With my hubby studying last weekend for his qualifying exam, I came up with a mini house project that I have been wanting to do since we moved in but have never really had the time. 
Paint the guest bathroom on the main level. 


So a couple weeks ago I headed to Home Depot to get some paint samples. 
I knew I wanted to go with a red- deep red. 
So I taped the paint samples up and thought about it for a week.
We decided with Red Delicious.... yummy!


So Friday Night I headed to HomeDepot to pick up the paint.


Then I came home to put up all the painting tape.  This actually took me longer than expected because I am so OCD and had to have everything covered perfectly.



Also while I was at home depot- I picked up some new Light Covers that I thought would be a good contrast again the red.
The light on the left is the old light, the right is the new light.
  Note this is after the first coat was put on and it is still drying.
I liked the new light covers....
More importantly my husband actually noticed....
so they will be staying.  

Finish product.....

 

I absolutely love it.
I just now have to find some art work to place on the walls.
I am still torn about this.  
So I am going to probably leave it till the fall.

On thing that I did learn is next time I will be buying the paint with the built in primer.  I ended up having to do three coats because the paint I bought did not have primer.  

More importantly Joe loves it.
In his words "I feel like I am in some fancy hotel bathroom!"
Which he reminds me of every time he goes to use it.
I still have to decide what I am going to do with the art work but I am happy with the results. 


No comments:

Post a Comment