Monday, August 29, 2011

Running thru life.... The guest bathroom

Part 2 of Remodeling
The guest bathroom
I have decided to completely do the guest bathroom on my own. 
This will involve a new light fixture and paint!!!!
Knowing that I would like to purchase the paint by then end of this month so I can start working on it in August/September- I headed to Home Depot for some paint samples. 
I have not decided if I want to go light or dark- I am leaning more towards dark. 
I decided to stick with blue hues because it seemed to work better for the art we have in the bathroom. 


I came home with about 40 samples and lined them up in that bathroom. 
I went thru and quickly eliminated ones that I do not think will work. 
I think I am going to go with a dark muted blue
Now I have to make decisions.... urrrr

So to my suprise I came home late after getting my hair done to find that Joe installed our new light fixture.  We went with something simple that actually reminded me of the ocean because we have a ocean/beach theme going on in the bathroom.
I spent 90$ on the light thanks to my Lamp Outlet Coupon!!!

So I finally made a decision and we went with Sky Grey which was a muted blue.  
I decided this time to go with Behr Paint with the primer included.  
So thursday night I headed home and took everything down and
also place all the painting tape in place. 

Friday night I got off of work early and headed to homedepot.
I picked up one gallon of paint. 
$30 dollars total
Once Joe got home from work, we went to work on painting.  
Joe did the big roller while i did the small areas...
We were quite the team.  
Done and 1 hr
and only 1 coat!!!
Behr Paint with the primer is the way to go and we will never use anything else.
So here are the results......






 $120 later....it is done.
I love it!!!!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment