Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Running thru life... Joe is going to die!!!

After getting an estimate for having our chandelier changed,  Joe immediately said no!!
This was something that if I wanted it done we would have to do it ourselves.
Luckily, one of our neighbors had done this before.  So after a couple quick emails I decided to rent a stairwell scaffolding from Capital Rentals in Fairfax, VA.  I called three weeks ago to schedule the equipment and arranged with my mom to use her car. 
So Saturday morning when Clemson woke us up at 8am we pilled in the car and returned home with the scaffolding.  $67 dollars later we were home with the scaffolding. 






  We then had to put it together.  This took us about 1 hr..... 
This was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be because the pieces were heavy!!!!
Not to mention that this basically went up 15 feet....... 
Joe's joke was he was going to die....
I hate heights so I let him do all of that. 


  After putting together the scaffolding Joe went to work on changing the chandelier.  
After about another hour and a half... this was the result.  
My poor husband...

 

Final product!!!

The chandelier cost us $25 dollars and the scaffolding cost $67 that included tax for one day rental.
So under a hundred dollars compared to almost $400 that I was quoted.  
Totally love my light and my hubby!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment