Friday, August 26, 2011

Running thru life.... JcPenny's does furniture!!!!

Now that we have cleared the old office furniture out of the back room in the basement and moved Joe's office/study room into the guest room, I was left with wanting an area for me to do bills, blog, etc.  
I had been sharing the desk that Joe uses but with school starting up again, I knew I needed to come up with another soluation.  I wanted my own desk!
I knew I wanted to put my little area in our bedroom for convenience.
I had been looking for a very small desk because we were limited where we could place it the bedroom.
It also had to be black to match the other furniture.  
I looked at target, homegoods, walmart, Ikea..... nothing.
After 3 months- I thought I was going to give up. 

Then one day one of my patients was telling me about them buying their crib from JcPenny's and I was intrigued.  So I got online and started looking at their furniture.  
I hit the jackpot!!!!  
Perfect small
black
on sale
free shipping 
and I was even able to find on online coupon that they honored. 
So originally priced at $199 down to $99 + free shipping +15% coupon+ tax = 90$ spent.
In had all good reviews- I was sold. 

It arrived 4 days later and took me all of 5 minutes to put together.
It was too easy to put together!
It is solid wood and I just love it.  





I still needed to find a chair. 
I wanted something very small and that kept with out room theme. 
I started looking on the internet and the chairs I like were out of the budget. 
So I headed to homegoods just to get some ideas. 

And I came home with this.....




  
It is a vanity chair- but it works perfectly and fits right in with our iron bed!
So happy to have a work space that is mine
=0)

No comments:

Post a Comment