Saturday, June 18, 2011

Running thru life... Rolling with the punches

If you know me you know that I am a little OCD. 
I blame both my mother and my father equally. 
So when my best friend from Scotland called to say that her husband was being transferred to London the old Laura would have flipped out. 
We purchased tickets a couple months ago to go visit them in Scotland. 

I took a deep breath and told her I would call the airline and see what we could do. 
I called the airline - Airfrance and they were extremely pleasant and helpful. 

OMG- I love European Airlines. 
American airlines in general could learn from their customer service.
I explained the problem and within 5 minutes they had a solution. 
I did have to pay a small fee to change the tickets
but well worth it since the tickets themselves were substantial. 

I explained this all to my husband and he was taken back with how calm I was. 
He exact words were... "what did you do with my wife?"
My answer was "there is no sense in getting upset over it... it is what it is."

So now in a great change of events we will be going to London. 
While this could have totally stressed me out- it did not.
Maybe in my last year of my twentysomethings I am starting to realize that you just can not sweat the small stuff. 
Any suggestions on what to do or see? 

No comments:

Post a Comment