Friday, June 17, 2011

Running thru life.... Exercising while on Vacation

If  you follow my blog you know that working out is a part of my life- mostly for stress relief but also I just feel better after.
When we were packing for Greece, my hubby and I had a conversation about our workout plan while in Greece.   We both packed our running shoes, 2 workout shirts, and a pair of workout shorts. 
It was perfect for what we needed- along with our ipods, and collapsable water bottles.

This is how our working out went.
Athens- walking all day. 
We both packed a collapsable water bottle which proved to be worth it and saved us from having to buy bottle waters.  We walked probably a total of 5-6 miles that day and it involved alot of hills.  Good workout!

Mykonos
The resort we were staying at had a full gym. 
I was excited about this!!! 
Joe and I got in the routine of going to breakfast every morning, laying out by the pool/beach for an hour or two to let our food digest and then hitting the gym for about 1 1/2hr.  I did the eliptical and ran, Joe ran and did some weights. 

Santorini
The place we stayed at did not have a gym so we found other ways to get good excercise.
WE WALKED EVERYWHERE.
10 km walk to Oia
3km in to town and 3km back (almost every day). 
The walk into town was not an easy walk either because it was all hills. 
A work out for you calves!!

How do you workout on vacation?

No comments:

Post a Comment