Thursday, June 2, 2011

Running thru life.... Managing Plants Hydration

Last year before we went to Napa, Ca for a long weekend, I started to worry about my indoor plants being watered while we were away.  Our neighbors who normally help us out were also away being that we were gone Memorial Day Weekend.  So I decided to invest in some Water Globes. 
What are water globes?
  There are these devices which you fill and them place them in your plants and over time they release water depending on how wet the soil is....i.e  they water your plants when they need it.


I purchased a two pack at Home Depot for about $14 dollars.  They were both blue since our family room and our kitchen area (where are house plants are located) have a blue them to them.  So I filled them up prior to leave and found my plants happy when I returned home.  I used them again when we went away to Greece.  This time we were gone for two week so I filled them up before we left and then my neighbor came and filled them up a week later.  I came home to wonderful looking plants!!!
Good investment of $14 dollars!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment