Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Running thru life... IT IS HOT

So anyone who follows my blog and knows me know that I like to think of myself as healthy. 
I try to make smart food decisions, work out even on vacation, and try to live a healthy lifestyle. 

That being said this heat is killing me!!!
I do not want to walk let alone run!!
There is something about my family but we do not do heat well.  Both my father, myself and I turn in to tomatoes.  Not good!!  I get so sick from the heat I have been know to pass out. 

Even running inside is just not fun. 
We keep our house at 78-80 which is just too hot for me and my long distances!!!

So that being said I spent some time talking with my hubby about this summer because I have a feeling it is going to be miserable!! 

Our solution....   Fairfax County REC Center. 
In our experience joining a gym is it is expensive and over time we do not go because it is a pain to drive and park, Joe starts school again, etc. 
The Passes are a better option for us. 
We get 25 passes for 150 dollars. (They are on Sale now) 
We can use the passes over a span of 12 months. 
We also have a swimming pool in the neighborhood which we can workout doing labs so a membership just does not make sense. 

The passes will also let me train on other equipment like my first love the Eliptical and do some more weight training this summer.  So tonight or tomorrow night... I plan on heading to the RECcenter to get our passes and start working out. 

Happy Summer

No comments:

Post a Comment