Saturday, May 28, 2011

Running thru life.... to Ipad 2??? Continues

To follow up from my Ipad 2 thoughts.

...... we will be purchasing the Ipad 2 much to my husbands delight. 

Joe currently has a computer that is bigger than most computers that he uses for school
and I have a netbook which I hate!! Joe's computer is a laptop but really is more like a desktop because it is so big.  He rarely moves it off his desk.  I have a netbook- Do not buy a netbook- worst idea every. 
My husband hates it more than me...which is actually kind of funny to watch.
Fortunately for me- I did not spend a lot on it.   

So his thought is..
Lets get the ipad2 and then use his computer for our everyday things like finances/taxes, piscasa, etc. 

However, before I put any money into Apples hand I wanted to do a little research.
My hubby and I took a trip to Bust Buy to play with all the tablets. 
Here is my novice assessment...

Blackberry Playbook-  TOO SMALL.  My Droid is almost as big as this thing.   Instant turn off.

Samsung Galaxy-  AGAIN TOO SMALL.  The product itself was easy to use.

Motorola ZOOM-  Pretty cool.  This works on the Android system so it was easy for me to use because I am use to my droid.  It just feels like a bigger droid in some ways.  However, in reviews people said it was very similar to the droid.  i.e Having to shut the machine down and restart it all the time.  Pain in the butt.  It is a nice try but all the reviews stated it feel a little short of the ipad2.

ASUS Pad-  I looked into this because one of my patient's husband had it when I was up on the labor deck.  He let me play with it and it said it was great that only thing he did not like was sometime the Apps are not as cool as some of the offered on the Ipad.

Ipad2- pretty cool.  I have now played with the one in the store, 3 others thru friends, and 2 of my patients. 
I am in love ... why you might ask

1) Netflix- I can stream the movies to the ipad to watch while I am running, or on vacation or really anywhere
2) IReader- why buy the Nook or the Kindle separately when it is a feature on the ipad.  True it does have backlighting so it may be a little hard to read in direct sunlight.  But I would rather have 1 product I use a lot than three products I only use every now and then.
3) Calendar- With both of us have busy schedules it will be nice to have a central schedule for both of us to reference
4) Itunes... I am runner.. Do I need to say anything more. 
5) Dropbox- allowing me to access files when needed. 
6) To do list.... I love organizing..
7) It is small and portable but still big enough to watch movies

So now we are on our quest to find one... wish us luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment