Saturday, May 14, 2011

Running thru life... A nice surprise

As a military bratt I moved a lot growing up,  had periods when my dad was not around for months at time due to deployments, had to change schools, friends, etc.  However, being a military bratt has its "surprises." 

I had been looking at tickets to the Manchester United vs Barcelona game which will be playing in Maryland in July as a way to surprise Joe since he has had such a yucky semester with school.  He loves soccer and these are two of the best club teams right now in the world- so it should be an amazing game.



I started looking and got very frustrated because all the cheap tickets were sold out, the moderate priced tickets which were ridiculously expensive were still available, and the expensive tickets which were out of our budget were available.  I could not justify spending $600 dollars on soccer tickets.
So I was ready to just give up...

Then at work I received an email stating they had Manchester United vs. Barcelona tickets available at a reduced military price.  I quickly emailed my dad (who works where I work) just as a joke. 
He responded and said he was going down to get 5 tickets.   I let out a laugh... (I was on the labor deck and could not leave). 
He emailed me 10 minutes later stating that he had 5 tickets in his hand (one for me, one for Joe, one for my brother, one for him, and one for my mom). 
My family is a little soccer crazy!!!
We ended up getting that tickets at 60% off face value and we have amazing seats!!!!! 
I am so excited and hope to have a great time.. 
The best part is Europe is coming to us instead of us having to go there...

No comments:

Post a Comment