Sunday, April 10, 2011

Running thur life... Getting back on the saddle

After my 1/2 marathon- I took it a little easy and
then the following weekend I headed to New York for a girls weekend. 
While I did alot of walking in NYC I did not run. 
So this week I am forcing myself to get back on the treadmill and outside if the weather permits.

Yesterday, I did my first long run since my half marathon.
Mentally it was hard-  I was just not feeling it.
I had a new movie in, my water bottle ready- but my mind kept wandering.
So I ran for about 7 miles and said enough is enough.
All and All it was a good run- increasing my speed up to a total of .7 faster than what I was training at.

I sat down today and planned my running schedule this week to help me get back into a routine, along with our meal schedules, and our weekly update.
So this is what I am requiring of myself this week.
Monday- 5 miles
Tuesday- 3 miles Fast
Wednesday- 5 miles
Thursday- Off
Friday- 3 miles
Saturday- Off
Sunday- Pikes Peak 10 K

So this week is more about increasing speed with shorter distances.  We will see how I do.

With me luck

No comments:

Post a Comment