Saturday, April 9, 2011

Running thru life....Yeah for the Federal Government!!!

This morning I woke up and the first thing I did was roll over to use my droid to check the Washington Post website for the update on the Government shutdown status. 

I can not believe I am saying this but... WAHOOO I get to go on work on Monday and I will also get paid!!!
Double WAHOOO!!!

With possible shutdown on the front there was a possibility of me not get my pay check next week and also having to report to work without the promise of getting paid because I am an essential personal because I am a medical provider.  Can we say stressful?  Not just for me but for everyone affected by this! 

The men and women who are fighting for our great nation,or their families,  the people who work the museums down town, the women who made me my salad at work yesterday and told me to have a good weekend (with everyone stressed out of their brains- she offered smiled!)

So today my post is a toast to government workers like myself.  We often get a bad rap because alot of people view government workers as lazy, stuck in a mundan job, etc.  I am here to toast the people who work their asses off every day, work thru lunch, come in when it snows (because they are essential).
Thank you for everything you do and supporting our government and also our troops. 

America is a great place to live... we need to remember that everyday!
Thank you Democrats, Republicans, Independents (whatever your liking) for working together to come to some sort of compromise (where you support it or not) to help keep our country and our citizens working.

Happy Compromise day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment