Friday, April 8, 2011

Running thru life... A rainy day.

We are fortunate to live close to DC. 
Close is a relative term either a 30 minute drive or a metro ride.
So with the crazy weather we have been having lately
(serious- I AM READY FOR THE RAIN TO STOP!!!)
Joe and I headed down on the metro with some of our friends to spend a rainy day at the museums.  Because after all- they are free and a place that is dry!
(And are currently open--- however, this might change if the stupid budget does not pass---please do not get me started on this!)

We first went to the National Museum of American History. 
They had a couple interesting exhibits but my favorite was the one of the First Lady.
They had dresses worn by the first ladies, stationary, etc. 
It was interesting to look at the different time periods and the fashion. 
My favorite was Jackie O's- I just loved her style!!!


We then headed of the National Gallery of Art.

I could spend hours here. 
Inside there are flower gardens which you can just sit in and think.
Such a calming place. 
I could feel my blood pressure lowering.
I got to see my favorite artist Monet and
while they did not have my favorite painting by him-
it was nice to see some of his work.   


Of note---- you can not bring umbrellas into the National Gallery of Art.  Joe got in trouble and had a security guard follow him around.  So funny. 

The sun ended up coming out for us to walk down to the Cherry Blossoms. 
All in all it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment