Saturday, April 16, 2011

Running thru life.. Update on spring cleaning

With it raining and being cold- I have no desire to go outside.  
I dislike being cold and wet.
So this spring I have been doing A LOT of Spring cleaning.  
Cleaning out closets, drawers, the kitchen, the basement, etc.

It has been all and all a good experience.  
I was finally able to get rid of our computer desk thru craigslist.  
Joe and I both found clothes that we no longer wear to get rid of.

This year I came up with a system and stuck to it.
I made a list of every room/place that needed spring cleaning in the since of organizing and decluttering.

Kitchen- this included the pantry, all kitchen items, the drawers, under the sink with the cleaning products.  Took me about 1 hr on a raining day.

The dinning and living room- I just went thru our bar and organized our liquoir and wine.  Cleaned out our linen pantry, etc.  This took me less than 20 minutes.

Basement- this has been a work in progress for months because of getting rid of the bookshelf, the desk, etc.  I will be making our back room into a gym where I can put my treadmill, another small tv, a couch for me to sit on and read, etc.  I cleaned a lot of the junk out however, it is still a working progress. 

Closets in our rooms-  this probably took the longest because on one rainy day both Joe and I cleaned our closets out.  I basically emptied my closet out and went thru everything.  Getting rid of old clothes, shoes, and organizing for spring.  This took me about 2 hours.  (Including under the bed and our dressers)

Bathrooms- I spent some time organizing under all of the bathroom sinks in the house.  This did not take a long time at all but just was annoying.  My husbands under sink was a mess!!!  It only took me about 20 minutes total and most of that was on my husbands.

Cleaning out our guest room.  Right now our guest room serves as a guest room (aka Clemson's Bed) and Joe's study room because that is where he has his desk.  Therefore it is noramlly a mess and it drives me insane which is why I just keep the door closed.  I did go thru some of the drawers and do some re-organizing.  

So this morning I sat down with my excel spreadsheet and made a list of everything we are giving to Salvation Army.  I will call them next week and arrange a pick up.  Which is very convenient for me so I do not have to go Manassass which is their closest stores to drop stuff off.  

4 full bags of clothes, kitchen stuff, a laundry basket (which I hate) and a shower caddie.  



Happy Spring Cleaning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment