Friday, April 15, 2011

Running thru life... Just say no!

Today's post is a reflection of a previous post by a blogger who I love to follow:

I love this blog for many reasons!

A couple days ago this blogger posted "Tip 70- Just Say No."
Her blog goes on to explain that as organized people (and I think of myself as organized) we are often asked to take on more or people think we can handle more. 
Totally agree with this. 
That being said her blog highlights that because of this we are taken advantage of. 
For this reason we need to learn to just say: NO!

This has come into play alot in my life the last couple of months with my hubby in PHD school (Yeap I am going to keep calling it PHD school just for you A!), having a puppy who has more energy than life, taking on more leadership responsibilites at my job, then there is running, and just general life stuff like keeping up with friends and family.  It can be overwhelming even when you are organized!

More often lately I am hearing myself say... No I just can not do that right now.
No I can not meet you Saturday morning for coffee because I that is when I am doing my run.
No I can not go out Friday night.
No I can not take on two midwife students at once.
No I can not add on any more patients to my schedule.

Because as Literally Organized points out you need ME time. 
I love my ME time!!!  It is so precious. 

So in a society where we are trained to be "Yes" people...
We need to be "No" people every now and then for our own sanity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment