Saturday, April 23, 2011

Running thru life.... Making someone else wish come true

Today I am actually stealing a blog post from one of my favorite blogs:  Literally Organized

A couple weeks ago while doing some spring cleaning I stumbled on 1 prom dress, 2 bridesmaids dresses, and 1 formal dress. They have been hanging in our guest room closet.  This year I am cleansing myself and our house.  I could have donated them to Salvation Army along with our other bags of things.  But these items are special.  I have so many good memories in them!!!!  I wanted to know they were going to a good home and to someone who needed them.  

I am fortunate to have two neighbors that are high school teachers.  I emailed both of them to see if they knew of any "Prom Dress" drives going on.  Stephanie being the awesome organized person that she is took matters in to her own hands.  Please visit her blog to learn more:


So last week I dropped off my dresses, a nice pair of shoes, and a couple of shopping bags. 
Hopefully, they will make a couple girls seems like the princess they are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment