Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Running thru life.... Goodbye backyard mess

Our patio will be installed shortly... less than 1 week!!
I am very excited.

So this weekend I decided I needed to get the backyard cleaned out a little. 
It was a mess... I decided a long time ago it was pointless to spend any time on it because we were eventually going to be installing a patio.
So last Saturday after spending the afternoon with some friends and their dog and tiring out Clemson Puppy.
Joe came home to study and do homework and me to do yard work.
After speaking with the person who is doing our patio- we decided to only have two small areas with plants. 
The rest must go. It was a process....
This is how it went:

Saturday
1) Cut the branches off the trees and bushes
2) Cut down the tree...
yes I did this all by myself just for the record.  And I have blisters to show for it!
3) Picked up some trash/ weeds/leaves

Sunday
My husband helped me for 1 hr and helped to get the big tree stump out.
Whoever lived in the house before us and decided to put a huge tree in our tiny backyard was not smart!
1) The stump is out.
2) Moved everything to the curb for trash pickup
3) Went to Home Depot to get some dirt to fill in the large hole from the stump removal. 
A view from our window of all our lovely junk. 

Monday
I got home early so I decided that I would work on getting more stumps out of the ground. 
This was a big mistake.  It was hot outside and I underestimated the stumps. 
But after about 1 hour I was able to get all 3 smaller stumps out. 

What is left to do:
I have decided that I would like to try to transplant one of the trees. 
This sunday, I will be working on that.
But that is it!
Hopefully, after next week we will have a patio!!!
So excited.  Then we will just need some patio furniture and mojitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment