Sunday, March 13, 2011

Running thru life... Restaurant Review L'Auberge Chez Francois

For Joe's birthday and his mothers birthday, Joe's fathers took the family to
L'Auberge Chez Francois in Great Falls, Va. 
It was an amazing meal and an amazing experience! 


At this restaurant the menu is presented as a 5 course meal, the price is based on the protein that you pick.  The five courses are as follows- a first course (appetizer), a second course (salad), a third course (palate cleanser), fourth course (protein) and fifth course (dessert).

It is truly a dinning experience. 
Our reservations were at 6 and with did not leave until a little after 9. This is a fine dining restaurant, I wore a dress and Joe had a sports coat on.  It is a little pricey but a deal when you compare it to places like Restaurant Eve.


So my dinner was as following

Cocktails-  Champagne with Rasberry Liquor. KIR ROYALE
This is my absolute favorite and I get it every time we go there.
(The waiter did not even bring our menus until our cocktails were done)
An assortment of breads and butter were served. 

1st course- Scallop, shrimp, salmon bouillabaisse.  It was amazing!!!!!  It had big pieces of fish, huge shrimp, and scallops.  The sauce was pleasant- not too over powering.

2nd course- Tomato salad- some of the best tomatoes ever.  This by no means was a wow dish.  It was tasty and simple.  The way a salad should be.

3rd course- Lemon sorbet.  I am picky when it comes to my sorbet.  I like it to be smooth with no fruit peels in it.  This was exactly how I like it. 

4th course-  Chateaubriand.  This is a course that you order for two people.  Joe and I have ordered this every time we have gone because of the following
1)It is the best piece of meat I have ever tasted.   Keep in mind that before I started dating Joe I was a vegetarian- ohhh how times have changed.
2)It comes with the best vegetables in the world!!! Carrots, Greenbeans, Asparagus, and Turnups
3)We always have leftovers and can eat off of it another night.  It was Monday's night left overs. 













5th course- Dessert.  I ordered a Chocolate Cake and Joe ordered the Creme Brulee.  We have a rule that we are both not allowed to order the same thing.  So I always order the Chocolate and he always orders the back up.  This was the only part of the dinner that I was a little disappointed.  Joe's Creme Brulee was a vanilla bean mixture and I do not care for vanilla.  My chocolate cake was so over the top I only took one bite and could not eat any more because it was so rich- so Joe ate the rest. 

It was an amazing dinner- something we only do every couple of years.  Our last time we were there was Valentine's Day 2009.  Two years later and it is still the same- which is great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment