Monday, March 14, 2011

Running thru life..... Maybe some of my new favorite things

I headed in to REI after my long run on Saturday. 
Which by the way was awesome- 12.5 miles ran to "Life as we Know it."
The answer is yes I can run and cry at the same time.

Anyways, I was in REI to get some more hydration packs for my camelback. 
These are the NUUN hydration tabs I blogged about earlier that I love. 
I was walking thru the aisle and my eye spotted the next two products- both made by Jelly Belly.  

The first is Jelly Belly Sports Beans.  They are good source of carbs, electrolytes, Vitamin B & C (all important when you are running.)  So I grabbed two packs to try out on my long runs.



The next item also by Jelly Belly is their Super Fruit Mix with is very high in Antioxidants and Vitamin C.  
Good for keeping the germy\ies away.  A lady was standing behind me and told me she loved them.
I bought a pack- they are delicious.  I only ate 4 or 5.. and am saving the rest.
Then I headed over to find a REI sales rep.  
Our conversation went like this.
"Hi sir, I am looking for some anti- chafing cream for running."
"Yes - right here."
Sold.  
I need this for my chest when I run so my sport bra does not cause too much friction. 
After my Saturday run, I noticed I had a little tenderness from some of the friction causes during my run. 
This product was actually mentioned in my Women's Running book as a excellent product.
I will try this out soon and let you know my thoughts.

So I head to the checkout counter with my purchases...
hopefully some of my new favorite things. 

1 comment:

  1. those jelly belly sports beans are awesome, I have definitely done those a few times! Good choice on the Glide, thats what I use for my armpits on long runs...

    ReplyDelete