Thursday, March 31, 2011

Running thru life... Pike's Peak 10 K

One of my running buddies at work has tried for two years now to get me to run Pike's Peak 10 K in Rockville, MD.  It is suppose to be a nice course to run with very little elevation changes.
So this year I have decided to bite the bullet and do it.



I know what some of you are thinking....
well you just ran half a marathon so 10K should be nothing.
You are right in theory.
But I am challenging myself when it come to my time per mile. 
Yesterday, while running my 5 miles- I increased my spead .1 for each mile- for a total of .5. 
Which to some might not sound like a lot but it is baby steps for me.
And to be honest- my body felt it- which was good!

Now that I know I can do the distances- I want to get my times better and push myself that way. 
So in three weeks I will be attempting to run while decreasing my time per mile...

1 comment:

  1. you should try the real Pike's Peak

    http://www.pikespeakmarathon.org/

    ReplyDelete