Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Running thru life... a nice suprise at Costco

Over a week ago I headed out to costco with our normal list.  After two + years of shopping at costco.  I could walk blind thru it and pick up the things we always get.  I quickly found out that it is important to have a list when you go into costco and you should try to avoid straying from the list because things add up quickly.  We mostly buy our cleaning productions and meats there. 

I get very frustrated with Costco for many reasons but the most frustrating if that fact that they do not offer healthy eating options- like light yogurt, light creamer, reduced fat peanut butter, etc. 
Costco= Fat (This is what I think about when I am seeing what people buy- it amazes me).

So when I go to costco- I guy shop!  Go in with my list and come out with my list! 

However, last week I had a nice suprise. 
I was walking by the yogurt section because every full moon they will have light yogurt.
There it was Chobani Greek Yogurt!!!
I love Chobani Greek Yogurt but at Wegmans they are so expensive!!!
I think they come in around $1.30 for one.  This is crazy!!!

So while walking around Costco and did a double take. 
A 12 pack of Chobani greek yogurt for less than 11 dollars.  W
HAT A deal- 92 cents a cup versus 1.30. 
38 cents savings per cup. 
I quickly added it to my chart- thinking this must be a mistake. 

I am in Chobani heaven- eating Strawberry, Blueberry, and my favorite Peach.

Thank you Costco for making a effort to help people who shop at Costco live a more health lifestyle. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey there!
    I was Pleasantly surprised when I found that yogurt there at our Costco-we love it!
    Everything is good in moderation- the light foods usually aren't the best for us. I've found that when a product is "light" it's pretty "heavy" with artificial ingredients. Also, the type of sweeteners in "light" products are known to actually increase appetite! Bummer!

    ReplyDelete