Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Running thru life.... Out with the old in with the old...

Two weeks ago I came home to Clemson Puppy sitting on the floor next to a half eaten couch cushion (not one of the pillows-the actual cushion).  At first I WAS FURIOUS!  He really has never done anything like this.  To make matters worse it was not something I could fix.  The cushion is destroyed!

The more I think about it I realized it was his way of acting out.  Joe had come home that day before class to play with him and put him back in his area.  We use a baby gate to keep him in the basement area. 

Joe and I knew this couch was on its last leg.  My parents bought it in 1993 so it lived thru my teenage years, my college years, my grad school years, and now our early marriage years.  Almost 17 years for a couch is by no means bad. 

I had to face reality- we need a new couch and soon!!!

Joe purchased a couch set which is now in our living room on our second floor.  We were dating at the time and I went with him to pick it out because I realize that this would be a couch we would have for a very long time.  When all was said and done- the couch, the sofa chair, the otteman, and the delivery fee- it come in around 1,000.00.

I was not looking forward to dishing out this kind of money especially since we have decided to do our patio, take some other trips, etc.   This is where I got lucky!!!

My parents have a couch that they absolutely hate because it was bought for their house in Florida, but moved up here and it just does not fit the house.  But it would fit our house perfectly!!

So I called up my Dad (because if I want something I have learned that Dad is the person I go thru) and asked if we could buy their couch from them.  I had done research on craigslist so I knew what people were asking.   5 mintues later and agreement of $75 dollars with an additional agreement that Joe and I would have to have it arranged to be moved.   Joe and I will have ourselves a new couch for the basement. 

My parents have a maching love chair and ottoman which they are using now but when they find a new set that they like... they are also ours. 

Now two things to figure out.....
1) Disposing of the old couch
2) Moving the new couch...

Stay tunned

No comments:

Post a Comment